Pages

Monday 5 August 2019

The Process For My Design (Technology Wood)

*As I continue to work on my project steps will be updated daily* 

Tools that were needed:
Steel rule
Tri-square
Mallet
Marking gauge
Wood chisel
Claw hammer
Backed saw
Bench hook

The Process :

Step 1: I used a ruler and pencil to make a full size working drawing of my project because it shows that -my project is possible. 


Step 2: I used a ruler and pencil to copy measurements from my drawing onto the wood


Step 3: I marked a square line at (90°) across and down the sides using a tri-square 


Step 4: I cut off the first piece of wood using a backed saw


Step 5: I then marked out the joint using a ruler


Step 6:I then used a chisel, and chiseled the access wood out 


Step 7:  Considering my project was a piano I must repeat these entire steps on another piece of wood that is also 160°


Step 8: I should then ask for another wood that measures 160 °for the middle


Step 9: My project turned out to be loose, so glue and elastic rubber bands was needed to hold my project together as it dried


Step 10: After letting it set, a wood used as a backboard for the piano was added, I am now waiting for the glue to dry


Step 11: My technology teacher, now then cut another thin piece of wood. Its purpose is to create a box with my project, so it has a purpose, and that is to hold little items

Step 12: I then lined out the piano keys with a thin piece of wood and a black marker. This is for the piano keys

Step 13: I then needed a lid. I walked back a forth with my Wood Tech teacher to create a "lid" for the box/piano. Like I stated the object needs a purpose :)  

Step 14: I have 1-2 weeks left to complete my project which I would I have to say is nearly done, I don't really know, but I guess I only need to continuing to make it look really good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment