Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

Evaluation For My Project - Technology Wood

*Very Long Blog Post*

Question 1: How well did I do in completing all of the things that I needed to do for this project?
 Answer: Not trying to complement myself, but I would have to say I did pretty well. I did well with the visuals, but I can't say that about the measurements. I did as best as I could but it could have been better. It is something I can continue to work on. Overall I think I did okay :))

Question 2: The design ideas? And Final Choice? 


Answer: So before we handle wood, we needed at least 8 possible ideas to choose from. I couldn't bother(which is wrong) to even have 8 design ideas, but I still managed to get 5. After 2-3 weeks, it was time to choose a design, I then went ahead and choose a piano for a gift.

Question 3: The Working Drawing? 


Answer: So after I chose my design, I needed to create a working drawing. Why? It's to show that it is possible and I have a plan before I start. So considering a piano was a well known design chosen amongst students, there was already a design working on the wall. So I copied that and my Working Drawing was done. The Process Of My Design  

Question 4: The Marking Out?


Answer: I used a ruler and pencil to mark out the lines. The whole point of this process is basically to create a joint as it was a main focus of making our project. Our next step is to saw, so marking out the lines is a guidance to saw as in cut straight.

Question 5: The Sawing?


Answer: Like I stated in the previous paragraph, sawing is needed. The whole point of the lines is to saw correctly and straight. It is very important to saw correctly as it is a danger hazard to be swinging it around. It is also very important to saw straight as you want your joint to be strong and stable. Sawing also makes your chiselling life easier 

Question 6: The Chiselling? 


Answer: As I link from paragraph to paragraph, YES it is true sawing helps you to chisel the wood. How? After marking out the lines and sawing them, it basically is the road to start chiseling out. A proper way to chisel is by taking little hits with a wooden mullet(tool) or a little and rough push at the end of a chisel. A tip: Also if you are chiselling, do not chisel down it could ruin your entire wood/work
Example of how a chisel works!
Question 7: The Assembly? 

Answer: The Process Of My Design After doing the first few steps, I needed all my parts to then assemble it - as in project. So after all of these steps, I have two chiseled out joints, and a piece of wood that should come out of 320 cm of wood. Now to assemble, you put the piece of wood horizontally in between the two chiseled joints, when completed glue is needed to hold the wood together. It is then needed to dry

Question 8: Looking At What I Have Produced? Does It Work? Does It Look Good?

After completing all these steps, my project turned out fine just my measurements were not really the best. It does work, for its purpose. It is supposed to be a piano with a box inside it to hold little objects. It looks pretty good by itself, but if I keep working on its visuals it would look even better and more attractive 


Question 9: If I could/were?

If I could redo the project it would be to pay more attention and focus. My project turned out well but my measurements are something I can work on by far. They were a little bit off, and crooked :) If I could change something about it? Like I said for the billionth time it would be the measurements, and to draw/cut the lines more straight. 

Thank you for reading this very long blog post ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment