Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

SLJ( Week 2 Day 1 Activity 2) 2018-2019

What to do: On your blog, list three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle support crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.

If the race based on a kids race I would firstly pick my girl cousin(won't give names). She is athletic and loves to move around. We both bike basically everyday, because of these great holidays. We bike to her house more than 3 times a day, and sometimes will go to a beach nearby. She is also a great to have on a team because she perseveres and puts in effort. Secondly my older sister, because she gives the best support, which I appreciate. She is really funny, and will keep happy vibes happening. She is also a person who really enjoys doing sports and getting out the house. Lastly I will pick my boy cousin, why because he is really strong, in sports and in perseverance. 
Image result for bike cycling lake taupo
Click Here for the original photo.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mafi,

    It is great to see that you are blogging with us this summer as part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) programme. I think that you have chosen some excellent teammates for the Great Taupo Cycle Race and I really appreciate it that you were mindful about being Cybersmart and kept personal details private.

    It sounds like you will have an experienced team, in that you bike every day with your girl cousin. That is great practice! I have never done the cycle challenge but I have a colleague at work who did it this year and he said that it was pretty intense. He trained for the race for a number of months before he went and said that it was still challenging. Have you ever trained for an event before? I have trained for a half-marathon and completed in a couple of long running races over the years. It was difficult for me as I am not a natural runner and I found it pretty tricky to master the longer runs. I would typically grow quite tired after running for 10-15 kilometres and had to train my body and my mind to stay focused and not to give up. I'm really glad that I did it, though, because it did help me to become more mentally tough and fit.

    I hope that you get the chance to try a cycle challenge one day. In the meantime, have a great (and relaxing!) summer holiday with your family and friends.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete