Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

SLJ Week 3, Day 4 #Activities 1,2,3 (2018-2019)



Activity #1
On your blog, use the word "LIGHTS" to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!

Gathering
Appreciation 
The love is with family
Happiness everywhere
Everyone united
Right place to be
Important people here
Neighbours, Family and Friends
Good Life

Activity #2
On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.

What is Matariki? Matariki is maori given name for a cluster of stars well known as Pleiades. The name of the stars(7 sisters) are Tupu-a-nuku, Tupu-a-rangi, Waipuna Rangi, Waitiand Waita, Matariki, and Ururangi. This event occurs when it re -appears in the sky around the northern eastern skies. It gives a sign, that it is a Maori New Year.

Related image



Activity #3

1. Consider this like a cloud tornado, surrounding the sun
2.It looks like a tornado, but it looks like it will do no harm.
3.It looks like a fun toys that kids play with(Beyblades)
4.I can just see the sun, shining a little bit from the top.
5. It looks like a spaceship(UFO) if you flip it upside down. Who knows there might be aliens? 






















1 comment:

  1. Hi Mafi!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had an awesome school holidays? :)

    Wowee a whole day of activities done and dusted! Awesome :)

    Activity One:
    This is a great acrostic poem!
    I like how you have made it all about being together with friends and family - this is really important to me so I appreciate this poem!

    Have you ever watched the Southern Lights before?
    I haven't ever seen them, but I hear they are beautiful! ....I hope I will get to experience them one day.

    Thank you for sharing such a great peom!

    Activity Two:
    This is a great start to this activity Mafi! I really like that you were able to name the 7 sisters!
    I think 7 sisters in one family would be lots of energy and ruckus! :)
    Could you imagine having 6 sisters?!

    Did you manage to listen to the story about Miti and his brothers?

    Activity Three:
    Woooaaaahhhh!! I totally see all of those things!
    I didn't know beyblades were still around, they were really popular at one stage when I was little - My brother even entered into a Beyblade competition when he was younger at an arcade and won! His prize was a little Beyblade arena... :)
    Do you have Beyblades at home?
    I had a cousin who made a home-made Beyblade, was really cool how he did it putting a whole bunch of different toy parts together!

    You have done a great job at seeing an objects in the cloud Mafi, it's a really accurate description of the shape and I like that your idea is outside the box!

    Great work on these activities Mafi, ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete