Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

SLJ Week 4, Day 3 #Activities 1,2,3 (2018-2019)

Activity #1

On your blog, tell us which one of the videos you liked the best and why?
The video I found interesting and liked, was Cacophony Project. Why? because I liked how he was trying to protect our birds. In the video I saw a tui, in his tree and I knew how much he cared. In his set up I saw that a cellphone with a microphone in a solar panel, to also picks up the predators sounds and uploads it straight to the cloud. I found this very interesting based on his way of tracking the predators down. 

Image result for tui bird
Click For Original



Activity #2
On your blog, post 3 facts that you learned about about the Maui Dolphin. The using your imagination, create 2 more true(i.e false). Please don't tell us which of your statements about Maui Dolphins are true and which are false. It will be the job of the students and staff who read your blog to figure it out.

 1. The Maui Dolphin lives up to 20 years, but they don't make it that long due to most human threats

2. They process for making a calf is very slow. A calf takes 2-4 years which make the process very slow.

3. A male dolphin surprisely weighs less and is less heavier than a female dolphin.

4. A female dolphin has her calf(baby) at the age of 6-8

5.Female dolphins grow up to 1.2 m long and 34 kg

6. A healthy dolphin lives up 29 years of life. 
Image result for maui dolphin

Click For Original

Activity #3On your blog, list 10 species(Animals and Plants) that you would protect from extinction. For each one give a reason as to why you think it is important to protect.

1.Maui Dolphin(Due to its slow process, and native)
2.Blobfishes(Because I believe they still have worth and are not ugliest fish in the world)
3. Sutram Orangutan(Because people cut down their trees, and it is used for chocolate and shampoo)
5. Kiwi(I want our native animals to be safe)
6. Koru(It known to be rare to see one, so I want it to be safe)
7. Giant Pandas(They are favourite animals)
8.Dodo(People believe they are still alive and others do, they are really rare)
9.Javan Rhinos(Even big and look hard they still have hearts)
10.Polar Bears(They live near North Pole and global warming is happening)


Image result for polar bear
Click For Original



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mafi

    I also like the sound of the Cacophony Project. Tui's are beautiful birds and we need to be doing all we can to protect them. I have given you Māui dolphin true or false questions a try. Here are my answers. Please let me know if they are correct.
    1 - True
    2 - False
    3 - False
    4 - True
    5 - True
    6 - False

    I think blobfish are very cool. they may be a little bit ugly but I think that makes them special. I didn't know that some people think there may still be Dodos around. Where do they think they live? That is very interesting!

    Have a great day.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete