Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day #4 Activity 1 Winter Learning Journey

This is what the amazing people of Farewell Spit did to the poor 300 whales that got stranded on Golden Bay. As the people of Farewell spit came closer and closer the the bay they could see birds peking on the whales back and they could see blood everywhere. Some of the poor whales died, but some was still lucky enough to have a life because they survived.

Image result for the poor whales that died on Golden Bay
Image result for the people who helped clean the poor whales that died on Golden Ba

       Before
         &
        After






The people of Farewell Spit brought all sort of things that will help keep the whales wet and hydrated. People got buckets and filled it up with water water and spilled on the poor whales. Others sat there and shooed the birds and the rest got different type of fabric, wet it and place it gently on top of the hurt whales. They also put a dry cloth in their blow hole, so water wouldn't get inside. Thereafter they dug a hole so the painful whales lied straight instead of sidewards. If the whales could talk they would thank the amazing brave people that helped them while they were aching.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mafi!

    I love how you have used before and after photos to show how the people helped the stranded whales - nice work!

    It's so great that so many people got involved in helping. Do you think you would have if you could?

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Nicky and of course. During the holidays my cousins and older siblings have camp and the other camps joined with them so my mum and aunty has to cook for 60 people altogether. My mum is doing service, she is cooking for the other 3 camps that joined the camp she was cooking for so yeah. My siblings and I may never have a fun holiday, but we know that our mum is doing service and service is good so yeah. Thank you again.

    Mafi :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mafi,

    This is one of your best post yet! there is just a little mistake, but overall it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mafi,

    Thats awesome - I think I would too!

    That's a great attitude to have Mafi! It's so awesome that your mum is helping serve at the camp. My mum would always work during the school holidays too, so I just had to make my own fun. I would often go around my friends houses or help mum with her work or find something to do around home, like drawing or colouring. Even though you and your siblings might not be able to get out and do fun stuff, I hope that you have enjoyed being able to be a part of the Winter Learning Journey :)

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete