Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Day #3 Activity 1 Winter Learning Journey 10.7.17

Basically my pet that I've adopt was a Red Crowned Parakeet. A Red Crowned Parakeet is a is New Zealand native bird that means it is proudly from New Zealand. Red Crowned Parakeet has many places where they rest, live, hunt for their food or spreed their wings. Most of the birds stay around huge areas such as open parks, temperate rainforests, coastal forests, forest edges and a whole lot more places. Red Crowned Parakeet's diet(food) is most stuff the surrounds the forest because that is where their habitat is. They consume flowers, fruit, seeds, leaves and buds from a variety plant. In summer and Autumn they normally eat seeds and when it is Winter and Spring they eat flowers because that is when the flowers bloom. The Red Crowned Parakeet type is a Cyanoramphus novaezelandiae highly known as a Kakariki the Maori name of the bird. 

Diet: Flowers, fruit, seeds, leaves and buds from a variety plant.
Habitat: open parks, temperate rainforests, coastal forests and forest edges .
Specie: (Cyanoramphus novaezelandiae) highly known as a Kakariki the Maori name of the bird. 
Image result for red crowned parakeet

8 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Mafi!

    I am loving your wonderfully written blog posts, I love the thought and detail that goes into your posts - your writing, your images, your creativity. Well done! You have included so many interesting facts about the Red Crowned Parakeet. I know that kakariki is green in Māori but I didn't know that was the name of this parakeet. Thank you for sharing!

    I hope you will continue blogging with us as I'd love to read more of your work! Ka pai Mafi!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mafi,
    I am so pleased that you chose a red crowned parakeet!
    The native bird I choose was the Morepork!
    I love how you put the facts and information wisely!

    Keep it up,
    Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mafi,

    I am so amazed on how much you know about this bird! being totally honest I never even knew we had that kind of bird until now. Thank you and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know so much about this bird because I school and I went on a amazing trip to Tiritiri Matangi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mafi!

    That's awesome that you were able to teach us some things from what you learned there nd apply your new knowledge to a new context!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete