Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Day 1 # Activity 1 # Winter Learning Journey

Date:8.7.17
Basically today I've signed up for the Winter Learning Journey and I am happy. I have 3 interesting facts about Aotearoa (the long white cloud), and this is my 1st activity.

1. Maori were the first ever to find New Zealand. It all started with Kupe and the giant wheke. Kupe chased the wheke and found Aotearoa. After killing the cheeky wheke (octopus) he found out and he named it Aotearoa (New Zealand, the long white cloud). Then after naming it he went back to his village (Hawaiki). Thereafter most of the people off his land went to New Zealand and parted to different ways and started a whole life there with family. Maori culture is obviously part of New Zealand national identity because Kupe was a proud navigator and his culture is Maori.


2. Most qualities could be seen today or next week or month or year you get the idea. A fantastic collectively of kiwis jobs to help contribute for your family such as, directer of movies of videos, fashion designers, technology person that help people with technology and a dozen more.

3. A lot of New Zealanders love the water as much as camping outdoor. It is known that over 15% of kiwi families has owned their own boat.       

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mafi and welcome to the holiday blogging programme. It's great to have you join the team and blog with us over the holiday. I'm thrilled to see that you have already completed so many activities. Wow - you're a star!

    I hope that you've enjoyed the experience so far. I have certainly enjoyed reading all of your posts. They're full of interesting information and great graphics/images. In this particular blog post, I enjoyed reading about the qualities of New Zealanders. I agree that we have a number of very talented people living and working here in NZ. I am confident that you and the students at Glen Innes will one day grow up to work alongside these kiwis and contribute a lot to our communities and to our country. On that note, do you know what you might like to be/do when you grow up? Are you planning to work with your hands or to become a writer or musician?

    It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do but once I started teaching, I knew that I had found the job that was right for me. I wonder what your 'right' job will be...

    Keep up the great work, Mafi! I'm already looking forward to reading your next posts.

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Rachel. I'm excited too (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for signing up Mafi...good on you! You are taking ownership and responsibility for your learning, even when there is NO school. I know that this WLJ will have such an impact on your whole learning once you get back to school and strive towards your personal goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Miss Collins,

    I only signed up because I want to get better at all my learning areas especially writing.

    Mafi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mafi,

    I really like the facts that you presented to us! I'm really loving your work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Limi and I loved what you have post. I really look up to you because you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete