Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 # Activity 2

Activity 2 # Day 4 ~I chose a maori game called Poi Rakau!, I have read saying that my task was to write a description about the game in my own words and 2 rules of the game.

The goal of the game is to be fast and make sure that the stick, pole or what ever you are playing with doesn't fall or drop. 

2 interesting rules about the game 

1. If you don't catch your object in time and it falls then you are out.
2. You need a caller to say either Maui or Matau.

If the called say (Maui) then you have to run to the stick on your left and if the caller says (Matau) then you must run to your right.

Poi Rakau .

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mafi!

    Great blog post! I love all the colour you have used! As a teacher, I am always looking for cool games to play with the students in my class. This sounds like a fun game - do you recommend I play it with my year 7 students this year?

    Thanks for sharing the link for us, too!

    Keep up the great blogging, Mafi!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete